The healing process will vary per individual; as will results. The following instructions can help you achieve but cannot guarantee results.
WHAT TO EXPECT
DAY 1 - 2
- The tattooed area will appear to be dark and more bold. Don't be concerned that your eyebrows appear darker and heavier in the size than you desire, this is all part of the process.
- Minor swelling and redness right after treatment
- Mild tenderness
DAY 3 - 5
- Itchiness in the eyebrow area
- Eyebrows will appear thicker in texture
- Natural exfoliation begins
- Do not pick at any dry areas
DAY 5 - 7
- Skin will begin to scab and flake. Do not pull off any flaking.
- The color will fade up to 60%. Your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6-8 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
- Some unevenness of color is expected after scabbing has flaked off. This is the purpose of your touch-up visit allowing us to fine tune your enhancement.
DAY 7 - 10
- The color finishes flaking off and new skin underneath appears softer and less visible for a few weeks. The color will slowly reappear weeks 3 - 6 of healing.
DAILY CARE FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS
- Residual pigment, blood, white blood cells, etc, can arise from the open wound. During the first 24 hours, client should avoid washing the skin but may gently dab area with a damp cotton pad or tissue to remove/prevent build up and dust particles, you should do this away 3-4 times in the first day.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area.
- Do not get the tattoo wet for 10 days.
- Do not wash your hair for the first 2 days.
- DRY HEAL for 24-48 hours after the procedure.
- After the 24-48 hours healing period. Lightly moisturize your brows 2-3 times a day with Aquaphor for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
AVOID FOR TWO WEEKS
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- Do not receive eyebrow tinting, waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the brow region.
LONG TERM CARE
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use good sunscreen on the treated area. Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Laser to brow areas may cause change of color of the pigment.
- As tattoo fades the strokes will become faint and less defined.
Chemical exfoliants will cause brows to fade faster.
Failure to follow post-procedure instructions may cause loss of pigment, discoloration or infection.